Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Welcome aboard Street Moder!
Here you can find some useful festival tips. Choose one of the following categories to jump to the related information.
Διάβασε στα Ελληνικά
Where & When
Street Mode takes place in Thessaloniki, Greece and specifically at Sonik Arena (ex Focus Hall) which is located in Thermi – Airport Area. Find Sonik Arena in Google Maps
• By city bus (OASTH):
Sonik Arena, where the festival takes place, is only a few bus stops away from IKEA which you can reach by using bus lines 1N, 02K, 03, 08 and 01N (night line). From there, using bus lines 69, 72, 76 and 88 you can reach in just 5 minutes the bus stop “IEK”, which is located opposite the festival entrance! Find the bus stop in Google Maps
• By car: Access to the festival venue is very easy by car. Choose the route from Georgikis Scholis Avenue, after IKEA, or the route from Thessalonikis – Moudanion Highway, after Mediterranean Cosmos. For further instructions, find Sonik Arena in Google Maps.
• By plane: Thessaloniki’s airport (International Airport Makedonia SKG) is 15 minutes away by foot from the festival venue. If you want to use a city bus, lines 01X and 01N depart from there and stop to IKEA. For more information about the use of buses, see the above instruction titled “By the city bus (OASTH)”.
• By train: All trains routes to Thessaloniki stop at Thessaloniki’s Railway Station. Numerous city buses going towards to the festival venue pass from there. For more information about the use of buses, see the above instruction entitled “By the city bus (OASTH)”.
• By intercity bus (KTEL): Bus routes from all Greek cities with destination the city of Thessaloniki, stop at Intercity Bus Station (KTEL Macedonia). From there you can use a city bus to reach the festival venue. In order to take the correct bus line, see the above instruction entitled “By the city bus (OASTH)”.
• By subway: Just kidding.
To plan your trip to Thessaloniki you can use this link.
The festival venue does not have a designated parking area, but there are several parking stations nearby, such as Apollo Parking
where you can park by paying a small fee. In addition, there is some space available in the surrounding area where you can park free of charge.
All indoor stages are equipped with special ramps so they are wheelchair accessible and the rest of the area is flat. There are also special bathrooms for people with disabilities. Do not hesitate to ask the festival’s staff for any further assistance you might require.
Tickets (Before Purchase)
• 3-Day Tickets:
Enjoy all 3 days of the festival and all of its activities with this ticket at the best price, since a 3-Day Ticket is much cheaper than buying 3 single daily tickets.
• Daily Tickets: There are separate tickets for each day of the festival, that can only be used for the day they were sold for. For instance, with a Saturday ticket, you can only enter the festival on Saturday. If you would like to attend another day, you have to get a separate Daily Ticket for the second day you are interested in as well. If you would like to attend all 3 days of the festival, we recommend the 3-Day Ticket mentioned above.
The Early Bird tickets are the very first tickets that are released and they are limited in amount. They stand out for being quite cheaper than normal tickets and they are available for just a short period of time. They are also the “Die-Hard Streetmoders” preferable tickets and therefore they are always sold out in no time. Get your Early Bird ticket for 12th Street Mode Festival here
No, tickets are all-inclusive. This means that you have access to the entire festival area and of course to all events and shows with your ticket.
Ticket pre-sale has begun! Make sure to get your ticket early, before they are all sold out. Buy your ticket for 12th Street Mode Festival here
• E-Tickets / Online purchase:
You can buy your ticket online by clicking here
. Then you have to print your ticket or keep the barcode in your phone in order to show it at the entrance.
• Purchase from presale points: Nationwide at Wind and Public stores. In Thessaloniki at We (find it on Google Maps) and at Nephilim Metal Music Store (find it on Google Maps).
• Purchase at the entrance: Due to space’s maximum capacity, there is a strict limit to the number of tickets that will be sold. In the event that tickets are not sold out during pre-sales, the remaining ones will be available at the festival entrance for a higher price. For security reasons, entrance will not be permitted to extra people once capacity has been reached.
Yes, you can use your debit/credit/prepaid card at every location of the festival with a POS sign.
The entrance to the festival is free for all children up to 10 years old, as long as they are accompanied by an adult owning a ticket. Nevertheless, we discourage bringing infants under 2 years old, due to high sound volume and flashing lights in most parts of the festival.
Tickets (After Purchase)
Unfortunately no, unless you have bought an e-ticket and you still have the barcode of your ticket on your phone.
Yes, as long as they have your ticket with them (either an e-ticket or a hard copy). The name of the buyer is sometimes written on the e-ticket, but this is not a problem since the barcode is all that someone needs to enter the festival.
Tickets can not be returned or refunded.
Unfortunately no, as we mentioned above tickets cannot be returned or refunded.
After the ticket check, you will be given a wristband that permits you to exit and re-enter the festival without waiting at the ticket check queue again.
See the question above concerning wristbands. Every ticket (3-Day Ticket or Daily Ticket) corresponds to a certain type of wristband. Wristbands can only be cut off (in which case they no longer grant your entry), therefore they are strictly personal and non-transferable. So you can’t share one of your days if you own the 3-Day Ticket.
Replace it with a new one at one of the box-offices at the festival’s entrance.
Allowed / Prohibited
Needless to say that pets are more than welcome. However, we do not recommend bringing them along, because the huge crowd and bright lights might make them nervous.
· Hats / Sunglasses / Sunscreen
· Small shoulder bags and funny packs
· Skateboards / Rollers
· Non-professional cameras
· Chargers for your phones and cameras
· ID or driver’s license (or student’s pass if available)
· The most street outfit you have and comfy shoes!
· Glass objects
· Metal objects
· Sharp objects
· Torches and flares
· Fireworks of any kind
· Illegal substances
· Food and snacks purchased outside the venue
· Sodas and alcoholic beverages purchased outside the venue
· Coolers and big bags
· Professional video equipment
· Professional audio recording equipment
· Drones and laser pointers
· That annoying friend!
Buy using Tokens
Purchases within the festival venue are made with tokens*. Tokens replace money in all transactions, for security purposes. In order to obtain tokens, you need to go to one of the token booths either at the entrance of the venue or at one of the numerous token points near each bar (you can find them on the map). You can buy your tokens in cash or by credit card. Make sure you get all the information you need about tokens so you can spend them wisely!
*With the exceptions of food stalls and merchandise booths where the payment methods are designated by each seller.
During the festival, there will be three colors of tokens (blue, red, black), each corresponding to a different value in €. Each product at the bar can be purchased with one or even a combination of tokens that equal the value of the product. The black 10 € tokens are exclusively used for the “STREET MODE DEALS” special offers. Take a look at the festival’s price list for the products paid with tokens.
With “MIX ‘N’ MATCH” system, you can buy more than one products from the bar (not necessarily of the same type) at a better price than you would buy them individually. Still, you have to get them all at once. Take a look at the festival’s price list for the “MIX ‘N’ MATCH” offers.
Tokens cannot be returned or refunded, but they maintain their value during the entire festival. So, If you have leftover tokens from one day, you can use them on any other day of the festival.
Lost & Found
There is a Lost & Found spot operating during the festival (find it at the map). In case your lost item has not been found yet, you can leave your contact information there and we will get back to you when it turns up.
For starters, calm down! Your kid is probably just having a blast at one of the stages and isn’t paying attention to their phone or perhaps their phone has run out of battery. Only in emergency situations that involve a missing person that cannot orient themselves, for example, you can speak to a festival’s representative that you can find at the Info Point (find it at the map).
Be part of the Festival!
You rock! Send us an e-mail to email@example.com
with 2-3 songs, a short bio and your contact information!
Over 15 different events centered around street culture take place at the festival every year. Each event will be announced along the way (up until August) and will be accompanied by its own poster and description, where the participation process and its terms are also stated. You can find the announcement of the event that you are interested in either here
or at the festival’s social media pages.
Specialized organizations like Ethelon construct programs to recruit and occupy volunteers every year, with the aim of introducing and familiarizing them with the environment of the festival. Volunteer programs will be announced soon.
If you have any further questions about the festival just drop us a line in the form below.